Day 9 Social Initiatives
To believe your own thought, to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all men, that is genius. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
What is burning deep inside of you? If you could spread your personal message RIGHT NOW to 1 million people, what would you say?
A thousand positive campaigns, slogans, and phrases race through my head… KNOW YOU ARE LOVED, GIVE PEACE A CHANCE, CREATIVITY IS YOUR BIRTHRIGHT, and on and on. But I think in my next breath, Am I telling them something they don’t already know?
This reminds me that about 10 years ago I found myself standing in the middle of the self-help isle at Barnes and Nobel wondering what book had the answers to my problems buried in it. Which author had the solution? I picked up the flavor of the month, the flavor of the last decade, and a few with flashy covers. I flipped through and even sat quietly trying to discern the perfect fit. I felt drained.
Suddenly though, there was a shift. Almost instantaneously I knew where the wisdom waited….within. I picked myself up and found my way to the isle with the blank journals. No flashy cover, no kernel of truth tucked between pages 13 and 33. Just pure potential. It was most definately the most important book I ever bought. And the author proved to know just the right thing to say to solve all my problems.
My message to the million would be…. you are the wise one you seek; ask and you shall find.
Thirty Days of Creativity
I find doing both of these projects together very inspiring. I think it is natural to blend the two. With that in mind, I have begun a Self-Trust Altar featuring the father of original thinking and inspiration for the #Trust30 initiative, Ralph Waldo Emerson. We will see where the altar goes. And where it leads me on the journey of self-trust.
- #Trust30 Day Five: Come Alive (pinkjuniormints.wordpress.com)
- #Trust30 Day Eight: Afraid to Do (pinkjuniormints.wordpress.com)
- One strong belief #Trust30 (crcpastorchad.wordpress.com)
- #Trust30 Day Seven: Five Years (pinkjuniormints.wordpress.com)
- Afraid to Do…#Trust 30 on Few Words Thursday! (hopeannfaith.wordpress.com)
- Reflections: 15 Minutes To Live… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Trust30 “One Strong Belief” (ifacethesun.wordpress.com)
- SSI (Simple Self-Improvement): 30 Days of Creativity (blisstree.com)