Every 10 days for the First 100 Days of Flight as a creative arts entrepreneur, I will pull excerpt from my journal to share with you. I will include my hopes, fears, goals, set-backs, and victories. Some thoughts will be about my business and others about my life. As it stands now, the two seem to be one. Perhaps that is the nature of making a living out of living a creative life.
21. Three weeks into running my own business. I am finding that I have to help others learn how to talk about what I do. A distant friend recently said she heard I was unemployed. I gently corrected her explaining that there is a big difference between unemployed and self-employed. Then we both smiled.
22. I got the recipe stand in from Jennifer at Alayray Vintage for one of the projects I am planning next year. What if I spent the year reflecting on what I am grateful for? What if others joined me? A circle like that would be powerful.
23. My to do list seems to have molasses all over it. Every time I touch it, I swear I go into slow motion. I think I am trying to get so many things done in so many areas of my life that it is difficult to see progress. But I am trusting that each day I am doing the best that I can and that my best will be enough. It WILL be enough.
24. I totally dig this Art Every Day Month! I want every month to be November. Uhhh, I guess I could have that if I did Creative Every Day, but am I that brave? Maybe.
25. Pushing to get the studio organized. I have an art party planned. Too much stuff, too little space, not enough time. But still going to try.
26. I love looking down and seeing my hands messy with paint, ink, glue, and grime. I saw a woman this weekend with her nails immaculately polished with French tips and rhinestones. My hands sparkle nearly as much as hers, but mine is from the glitter spray!
27. I wonder if my neighbors mind the noise from my sander. I wonder if they know I have set up Santa’s Workshop in my back yard.
28. I can’t believe I schedule the garage sale and an art party all in one day. But gosh, it has been the best day! The house is less cluttered, the studio inspires me, and I was surrounded with women, men, and children who connected with each other and themselves through art. This, dear Universe, is bliss!
29. Went through the boxes from my old office. I set aside a few reminders of what I accomplished and of the people I connected with there. I have gratitude for the tinges of grief that visit. When it rises in me, it helps me to know that the near two years there was well spent.
30. One month since I took up this new path. The future feels bright and promising. My vision of what is right for me gets more clear every day. The fear that was with me in the beginning doesn’t sting as much. I can hardly wait for to find out how this fairy tale will end. Although I am fairly sure it will be with happily ever after.
- First 100 Days of Flight: 1-10 (collectingyourself.wordpress.com)
- First 100 Days of Flight: 11-20 (collectingyourself.wordpress.com)
- Top 10 Take-away Tips for Making My Creative Business Fly (collectingyourself.wordpress.com)
- Intentionally enLIGHTen Your Life with Art (collectingyourself.wordpress.com)