Count down to my 43rd birthday! And I thought I might take the lead from a recent post by artist Tracy Verdugo and help you get to know me better. So for the rest of this week, I am going to share a few facts, opinions, and imaginations that I hold dear to my heart.
1. I was born in Austin, Texas (USA) in 1969 just as the hippie movement was in full bloom.
2. As a kid, I grew up on a micro-farm where we always had chickens, the occasional cow, and more times than not, a horse.
3. My current favorite vegetable is a pickling cucumber…little, with NO wax.
5. I have 6 cats: Schatzie, Honey Brown, Gypsy Jubilee, Jellybean, Rascal and Zen. They were all cats without homes who we have chosen to bring into our family. (What choice did they have? They each stole our hearts!)
6. My hubby, Eric, and I are both artists.
7. We met at an SCA camping event where I was dressed as a gypsy storyteller and he, a Renaissance artisan.
8. I started playing with visual art in the early 90’s when I was studying theatre in college.
9. My all-time favorite comment about my art came this last weekend at the Festival for the arts. A little boy asked me…Miss, is this real? I told him…Yes, sweetie, it is. It comes from my imagination.
10. Sometimes when I am scared, I imagine talking to myself as an old, OLD woman. She is very good a reassuring me that when I get to the end of my life, all will be well and that thing that I am afraid of will seem minuscule.
11. On the first Saturday in February, I decided to go on a Curiosity Quest to see what being a vegetarian might be like. I haven’t done it perfectly by any means. I eat fish a few times a week, have had chicken 3 or 4 times since I started, and pork once. But I have a deepening appreciation for veggies…and that was the point to begin with.
Well….there’s an appetizer for you. More to follow in the coming days….leading up to my birthday on Saturday!