I have been a bit quiet online the last couple of days. My in-real-life life got delightfully busy. Yep, birthday weekend! What a lovely time!
That brings me to the wrap up of my Me at 43 project. In the last two posts I have been sharing little tidbits about myself. One for each year of my life.
Coming up with so many facts about myself makes me realized how just many years 43 is. Takes awhile. Probably would have been easier if I was like some of the teenage bloggers I know. Less facts. Ah, well, I love a good challenge.
Now where were we? Oh yes…
25. I have a fascination with moss. It shows up in my home in various ways, most recently I have incorporated it into my art.
26. As an actress, I occasionally got hired to entertain at parties. A few times, I was asked to portray a palm reader. Although I don’t know how accurate I was overall, I surprised several people by telling them things about themselves I could never have guessed. I think I surprised myself more!
27. My husband plays with dolls. (Okay, actually, he creates art dolls. They are brilliant in my opinion. He uses found objects and discarded toys to assemble them.)
28. I make art books. In fact, just after I started blogging, I was commissioned to make a birthday card (which I decided to make a into a birthday book) for a friend. I loved the project so much that it inspired me to consider selling my art…and led me to my current road in life.
29. My favorite art medium is Prism Colors.
30. My newest art medium to work with is paint…fun!
31. I am a bibliophile (lover of books). I have a crazy, beautiful collection of books that range from art history and how-to, to women’s spirituality and personal development.
32. I live in the 32nd windiest city in America.
33. <— one of the best years of my life was when I turned 33!
34. In the late 90’s, I started making jewelry. Before too long, the local paper did an article about me. I felt like a super star!
35. I live in an a 1940’s Cape Cod style cottage. We have been renovating it since we moved in. It is a huge job, but something we love doing. I have a crush on my house.
36. Met my husband when I was 36. One of the more lucky happenings in my life.
37. When I was a kid, my mom decorated our house in harvest gold and burnt orange. I always swore I would never have those colors in my house (you know kids just rebel against anything their parents do). Now, I didn’t plan it, but I have a harvest yellow and bright orange couch. It is old, from the 60’s or early 70’s. And even though it has probably seen its better days, I absolutely love it!
38. One of the most fun jobs I have ever had was as a hula dancer. I mostly did comedy routines, but it was a blast! My Hawiian name is Lahela.
39. The strangest pet I have ever had was a javalina. It was just a piglet and didn’t live with us long, but it was a sweet as can be. We named it Toby. Javalina babies suckle on the run, so to feed it, we had to walk back and forth with it latched onto the bottle.
40. On my 21st birthday, my mom made me two cakes. It was the last birthday I had with her, and I always figured the extra cake was for all the birthdays I wouldn’t get with her.
41. I make cordials, sweetened vodka infused with herbs, nuts, or fruit. They are delish!
42. Last year (my 42nd year) was a roller coaster for me. As you may know, I decided to start working for myself. Yesterday (my birthday) marked 6 months of doing my own thing. It have learned so much about myself and don’t regret a moment of my decision.
43. Finally! I am going to leave this one for YOU! You are my 43rd fact about me. A tribe of creatives peeking inside their own lives to see where they might bring in a bit of joy and playfulness…to see where they might connect more meaningfully with their own beautiful soul. You are one of the best parts of my life