About two years ago this month, I started exploring the idea of blogging. I had tried to keep a blog a few other times, but for one reason or another, it just didn’t jive. I had been writing in my Masters for counseling program and was finally finding my voice. Graduation had just taken place and suddenly I had no writing hafto’s. The timing was just right.
My blogiversary is today, two years of showing up to this space to share the vast regions of inner world that swirl between my head and heart. I have been tossing around what it means to have this delightful blog that I love so much and to have met so many amazing bloggers, artists, and creatives through it. It has brought me a lot of joy and been so good for me. My heart is very, very full.
When I started out, I didn’t think about blogging in terms of years. I was tangled up in all the little things there are to learn about living in an e-world. I felt like I was starting out with a huge desire to share my creativity and passion, supported by a very low skill level for being able to share them. The only camera I had was on my cell phone. No image editing skills, no understanding of html, and no experience in platforms. Not even another blogging buddy to ask for help.
The first month, I was able to attract 7 readers. Seven, a good number, but I was impatient for more. These days, I still enjoy watching my views track up and down, but I don’t let myself get caught up in measuring my self-worth or value that way. I write about what is going on in my life, share my art and soul journey, and offer opportunities to help you look into what creativity means in your life. Having made it to the second year, I naturally wonder what the next year will look like. So I decided to name a few of the things I am interested in exploring here, creating, and sharing with you.
My vision for the coming year…
- Offering e-courses which center around various aspects of creativity.
- Exploring Touch Drawing as a personal practice and as a way of helping others express themselves.
- Keeping you up to date with the classes, workshops, retreats and art shows I am doing.
- Sharing my passion for teaching.
- Bulking up my Etsy shop and adding some variety to what I am offering.
- Helping to organize a local event focusing on poetry for social justice and connecting that event to the global event.
- Developing more retreat workshops and looking for venues where I can present them.
- Incorporating more videos into my site.
- Providing more opportunities for us to grow as a tribe and as individuals.
- Creating a greater sense of community.
- Sharing my love of massage therapy, stress management, and energy work with you.
I am celebrating each of you on my SECOND anniversary!
I look forward to the beauty that awaits us in the coming year!
Special thanks to Ann Marie of Live.Life.Wonderful for indulging me in this fab photo shoot.