The Retreats You Make ….Make You!
How do you get back on track? How do you push yourself in the direction of your dreams without pushing yourself into stress?
For me, I create mini-retreats for one…and sometimes am joined by a friend of two.
- Lighting a candle given to me by a friend and burning sage while I work makes the space I work in shift into something special.
- Decorating for a celebration lifts the mood and helps me want to spend more time in the studio than out of it.
- Journaling along the way encourages me to process the meaning of my work and address feelings which may have been blocking my creative process.
- Music brings joy to my artwork and provides a rhythm for me to fall into.
- Good food and drink keeps me nourished and hydrated.
Give the gift of a retreat to yourself. Simply engage in making the everyday a bit more special and encourage yourself to be in the moment.
Let me know how it goes!!!!
I will be posting some of my retreat on the Creativity Tribe FB page over the next several days.
Let’s retreat together!!!