My thoughts on The Spirit of Giving (as part of the Flying Lessons Blog Hop) Look below for TWO give-aways and the addresses for the hop.
Hi, I am Rachél Payne. Welcome to the temporary home of Creativity Tribe. Yep, I said temporary. On September 9th, as part of Startup Training School’s ONE K in 1 Day event, I am picking up and moving to a bigger and better space (you got it…my own dot com) where we can all stretch our wings, kick up our heels, and give our Creative Spirits a lift. Can you feel the excitement?!
In the beginning…
When I first started blogging, a few years ago, I didn’t have many visitors and often felt like I was talking to myself. That was okay, I sometimes needed a good talking to. One of the very first topics I explored was how to care for myself, I mean, care deeply, care thoroughly. I started there because I had begun doing my internship in counseling, and I thought if I was giving to others at work, I would need to work at balancing that with giving to myself.
Soon I wasn’t alone.
Before long, I turned my talk about self-care around and started connecting with others about how they might give care to themselves. The focus on writing about care, for myself or others, has meant living more care out in the world, giving more care out in the world. It is a cycle, a circle.
When you have a blog, it grows into a community, one reader at a time, one comment at a time, one soul exposing post and image at a time. It becomes a place for you to gather and bear witness to those commonalities that make us all human and those differences that brilliantly mark us as individuals. In the witnessing and sharing, the exposing and caring, another circle is created, a circle where healing takes place, where we create possibility to invest into our lives.
A circle of giving…
In this labyrinth of mirrors, I see you…. You see me…. Through you I see myself…. Through me you see yourself. We become a kind of tribe, dancing out nuances of one another’s moves and grooves. My individual self is inspired by you and your individual self is slightly altered by coming in contact with me. This is the nature of life. It is reciprocity. It is living in a spirit of giving….to one another and to the self.
This spirit of giving is a gift that makes both parties richer.
After discovering the dance of giving that happens here, I decided to give our circle a name. I call it Creativity Tribe because within this circle, we are each learning to create beautiful lives that give us meaning and grant us a bit of magic.
FIRST GIVEAWAY: To celebrate this hop, I am giving away three spot in Creativity Tribe’s first event, Touch the Moon. To enter the give-away, head over to the Creativity Tribe Facebook page and leave a comment under this photo on that page. I will announce the winner (chosen randomly) on the Friday, August 24th on my Facebook page.
Giving-away THREE spots in Touch the Moon e-course.
Another Tribe…Another Give-Away
A year ago this month, the circle that I roam around in on the web got quite a bit bigger. I joined my first on-line class and in it I found a layer to that labyrinth of mirrors that helped me to dance the grooviest dance I have gotten down to in years. The class was called Flying Lessons. The creative spirits who came to the class call themselves the Fly Tribe. Today I am celebrating the year anniversary of being a proud member of that circle by joining them in a blog hop and give-away.
The Fly Tribe came together as a bunch of individuals looking to learn a bit about what it meant to run a creative business. We came together to take Kelly Rae Robert’s Flying Lessons. Along the way, we made some friends, we supported one another’s dreams, we lifted one another up when difficulties (in business and life) threatened to get the better of us. We didn’t just learn to “Take Flight” (as Kelly Rae’s course suggests). We learned to Give Flight to one another.
Now with one year of soaring under our wings, we want to share the love.
We have gathered together for an awesome anniversary blog hop about the Spirit of Giving and for a Flying Lessons Give-Away.
We have raised enough money to fund 8 spots in Kelly Rae’s Flying Lessons. Kelly Rae has jumped in to match our 8 classes for a whopping….are you ready….
16 Spots to be given away on the Fly Tribe Blog.
Second Give-Away: Find details for Flying Lessons give-away at Fly Tribe’s Blog.
Now…how’z about a HOP!
- Janet Forrest http://www.tatterednworn.wordpress.com
- Cat Athena Louise http://www.catathenalouise.com
- Stacey Bockness Curry http://starhitchedwagon.blogspot.com/
- Kris Lanae Binsfeld http://cherishdesigns.wordpress.com/2012/08/19/giving-flight-giving-back/
- Renee Burke http://happilyeverafterbyreneeburke.wordpress.com
- Mary Sterk http://www.justmarydesigns.com
- Michelle Reynolds http://www.shellsinthebush.com
- Constance Rawlins http://livingwithinyourharvest.com/2012/08/19/fly-tribe-anniversary/
- Kelly Hoernig http://www.kellyhoernig.blogspot.com
- Cindy Jones Lantier http://www.lantier.org/2012/08/the-gift-of-giving/
- Kathleen Conard http://newfromoldcreations.blogspot.com/2012/08/giving-back.html
- Claudia Dow http://www.claudiadow.blogspot.com
- Susan M. Walls-Beverly http://susanscharmingtrinkets.blogspot.com/2012/08/flying-lessons-and-art-of-giving-back.html
- Linda Barutha http://lindabaruthadesigns.blogspot.com/2012/08/giving-back.html
- Linda Kinnaman http://lindakaysart.com/blog/2012/08/19/my-dream-journey-one-year-now/
- Cheryl Dossey http://www.cheryldossey.com/
- Sofia Dabalsa http://sofiadabalsa.blogspot.com
- Jill Lambert http://jill-lambert.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-spirit-of-giving.html
- Sally Rose http://sallyhow2.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-gift-of-flight.html
- Ursula Smith http://EasyScraps.com/blog
- Deborah Eaton http://www.deborahgeaton.com/blog/
- Lori Leissner http://www.leissnerart.com/2012/08/giving-thanks-giving-back-giving-flight.html
- Creative Clearinghouse http://creativeclearinghouse.com/Online-Class-Reviews/blog/Ursula-Creative-Clearinghouse
- Lenore Angela http://www.lenoreangela.blogspot.ca/
- Katharina Star http://www.blog.katharinastar.com
- Rachél Payne http://wp.me/pWRyw-10P
- Sherry Richert Belul http://www.simplycelebrate.net/cherry-blossom-soup/gifts
- Deborah Velasquez http://deborahvelasquez.blogspot.com/
- Shannon Etnyre http://www.livingwithumami.com
- Live Laugh Love Retreats http://livelaughloveretreats.com
- Kelley Miller Artworks http://kelleymillerartworks.blogspot.com/
- Wini Dougall http://artloveandjoy.blogspot.com
- Carol Bray http://theredpaintedcottage.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-spirit-of-giving-back-by-giving-flight.html
- Tracy Yarbrough http://chickpeastudio.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-spirit-of-giving.html
- Diane Enright http://dianeenrightphotography.wordpress.com/
- Jamie Burch http://www.dancingdownserendipitystreet.blogspot.com/
- Mary Cottingham http://www.barnbugstudio.blogspot.com
- Susan Dietz http://flutterbeforeyou.blogspot.com
- Lori Moon Studio http://lorimoonstudio.blogspot.com/2012/08/fly-tribe-blog-hop-giving-back.html
- Kim Hyer http://www.apaperaddict.com
- Tina Carlborg http://www.tinachicky.blogspot.com
- Catherine Pistone http://catherinepistone.blogspot.com/
- Mary MacIlvain http://maryart.macilvain.com/
- Carolyn Chenault htttp://carolynchenault.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/the-big-giveaway